Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Blues and Old Ink Bottles







The good news for me is that I don't have "the blues".  I have always been fond of old ink bottles and any old cobalt blue glass.  Old fountain pens have also had a place in my heart.  This past winter I spent three months taking a photography class.  My goal was to retire "auto green" for the rest of my life.  What a challenge!  I had thought it would be a piece of cake!  Not!  I received excellent instruction and spent many winter days on my aperture, shutter speeds, f stops and the list is endless. Blood, sweat and tears!  Yes, on some days.  Several times I would announce to my husband (poor guy) that I couldn't do it.  "Bracketing" was something else!  Such it is with pain ... I had such gain! Finally I got it, have been using my Nikon SLR 3200 manually ever since.  Good bye auto green forever!

This photo was actually part of an assignment of dealing with back lit light.  I realized I should have exposed the scene more, giving it more light.  Still, the cobalt blue glass made me happy when I saw it illuminated by the sun.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment